Monday, May 25, 2009

Whenever I Feel Like It...

So the "Weekly 5" has turned into a whenever I feel like changing my music type thing. As before I will give a description for the songs and whatnot but I think I will change the music when my fancy is tickled. I may change less than or more than every week. I haven't posted in a minute because my life is changing right now. I see the pro's and I see the con's but I'm just tryna let it flow. Lately I've been taking it one day at a time. I'm happy summer is here tho. It's not gonna be what I thought i would be but few things in my life turn out how I think it will. I love it all the same. Enough with the small talk, I'll make a legit post later, ON TO THE MUSIC!



Sade - Couldn't Love You More
I absolutely LOVE Sade. She's simply classic and her music makes me feel so relaxed and calm. I don't what it is but when I hear particular songs my mind just goes on a natural high. This isn't one of those songs but it I love it. When I hear songs like this it makes me want to meet the person who inspired it. It also makes me wonder if there is anyone in my future who will make me feel such a way. "I couldn't love you more, if I tried."
Mary J. Blige - You Are Everything
I'm am not a huge Mary fan. Especially of the shit releases these days. I don't get her appeal. She's one of those bitches who sings lead in the choir because she scares the conductor. If disagree leave in a comment, and I expect the comments (if anyone reads this blog) to be dirty because Mary fans are of a different cloth. I remember saying Mary couldn't sing at work and I almost got shanked. Anywho. Mary has some undeniable gems and this one of them. I really remember the video because it was beautiful. From her Indian inspired style, to the location, to them sexy ass men in that long ass boat. I was young but their sexy was not to be denied. I should just post the YouTube and call it a day. As a matter of fact I'm gonna go peep the YouTube and see if young me knew what was good in the hood.
Jazmine Sullivan - Prototype (live)
Now this tramp here! I feel some kinda way about Ms. Sullivan. I am more than pissed about her debut CD and I only have myself to blame. I heard "Need U Bad" before it became the anthem for the bitch that can't let go, and I was diggin it. When I first hear an artist I like I become a little scavenger for their music. I found ALL TYPES OF GREAT shit from Ms. Sullivan and it had my ears ready for some great shit. I had my money ready for Tuesday release of her album. Then I played the album. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. It was as the equivalent of seeing a dude with a size 12 shoe and when he shows you his pipe its more pinky finger than penis. I gave her CD to my cousin but I still rock to the unreleased shit. This was a gem.
Raheem DeVaughn - Desire
I dig the hell out of Mr. DeVaughn. Never mind the fact that he looks like a cute lil cartoon character, the man is talented. I saw one of his shows on BETJ and I need to go to one live real soon. He actually has this dude paints as he sings and his band plays and the artwork comes out really dope. This song has so much good shit going on I don't where to start. I'm a sucker for harmonies and break downs and this song starts out letting you know that something is coming with all the warm-up action. The content is simple but sick. It lets you know the power woman can hold over a man's mind.
Pete Rock & C.L Smooth - It's On You
The production on this song is simply sick. Pete Rock lost his mind with this one, but then again all the production he did was crazy. It's like these two were custom made for each other. There are like a plug and outlet. They both have a purpose but they need each other to have their purpose realized. When I listen to this song I just nod my head and imagine I'm in New York chillin on the block just taking in the scene. I can't paint my imagination but its vivid in my mind. It's a scene and feeling I've never felt in actuality because I'm not an adolescent male who lives in New York and it isn't 1993. Never been a boy, never been to New York, wasn't a teen in 1993. Just a movie that's in my mind. I get the same feeling when I listen to Jay-Z's debut album. When I listen to that CD I feel like I'm his little sister and I rode shotgun with him and got to experience his life. More on that later. Times like this I wish I could let ppl borrow my mind so they could feel what I can't convey.
Listen, enjoy, and add to your collection!

1 comment: