Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Almost Over Ate...

*bare with me cuz this is finna be a long ass metaphor. It makes sense in my mind but sometimes it loses translation between my mind and paper, or this case screen.*

Ever since I was 16 I've been setting my table. I have a main course of a school and money dish. I have a side of the freshest gear, great friends, and a little bit of time. I had a side of time yesterday and offered it to a particular guy I'm intrigued by. He wanted to sample it and we kicked it at his house. Now my table is full, I'm not looking for anybody to add to it until I finish off this school dish. This guy always offers me dessert and wine. Things I enjoy but don't need. While I was at his house he offered me wine and I drank til I was tipsy. He constantly filled my cup and it had my head spinning. At this point I was open and ready for dessert and so was he. Only thing is he forgot to ice the cake. He promised that an uniced cake wouldn't make me sick but I'm not trying to eat for two so cooler heads prevailed. He pushed away from my table and not a minute too soon. I hate the regrets that come with over eating....

Now that I'm sober I don't regret anything that happened. The wine was great. Maybe when he gets his cake iced I can have a slice when I cook up some more time. I prolly won't tho, because uniced cake will never never be welcomed at my table. Until then I'll feast at my table till the next guest comes with dessert and wine.

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I find myself intrigued by the fact that I wonder how much of this story is true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ oh cuzzin. This all anonymous no need for me to lie. I'm not sure if you understand the metaphor completely but I will break it down in person I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im pretty sure i understand what's going on here.

    let me see if i can comment and stay with the theme

    sometimes when you save some food for later, it ends up tasting better than when you were about to eat it the first time....or you wait too long and it spoils and you have to throw it out.

    how i do?

    ReplyDelete