Thursday, May 14, 2009

R.I.P Michael Moore

Dear Money,

I know you are at peace now. You struggled and persevered through more than I could probably imagine. The odds were stacked against you but in your short 20 years here on Earth you made a complete success of your life. I just knew that you would be someone I would look back on and be proud to know. You made me break my preconceptions and look at people for people. When we hung out it didn't matter that you were so many things that I didn't understand. All that mattered is that you were one of the kindest people I knew when you had every reason to be otherwise. You made me comfortable and you understood me more than anyone that was in my circle during my senior year. Our lives were on different levels after high school and we didn't hang out as much as we should've and I take most of the blame for that. You were special Money. I'm gonna miss those random text messages that you sent out the blue just to let me know you were ok, just to see if I was ok.

Like a candle in the wind, gone too soon....

2 comments:

  1. i always feel kinda weird when someone talks about losing someone. i have not known that heartache yet. but i am scared that i am going to experience an entire life's worth in a short period of time.....that scares me

    stay strong. he is in a better place now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get excited to log on and see your comments. It's cool to know someone is reading. Death is a part of life. I've learned to adjust and I'm pretty good with coping but this one just threw me for a loop because this is the first time a death was so sudden. I'm used to mentally prepairing and getting my final moments in. Money Mick was taken so violently and quick. Who expects their non-gang member friend to get shot in the head? I had time to sleep on it and it's still unreal.

    ReplyDelete