Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Delete This Contact?

Today I had a conversation with a friend. We got on a subject that is so damn sore for me. I didn't even want to go into detail when given an opportunity earlier on this blog. We talked for a long while and I was emotional. She asked me, "Wth? Why the circles? A new nigga is a new nigga. If you have no intentions on going back burn the map." The bold part echoed in my mind vividly even though it was only a text. This isn't the first time she gave me this advice.

I've struggled in my mind a long time with this particular person. I've known him since I was 12. We've grown up together and been through more than a little bit. I sent him a text drenched in emotion because I knew it would be the last time I ever contact him. I will never forget everything he was to me and everything he taught me. After I received his text I went to the screen in the above picture. It says "Permanently delete selected contact?" I pressed yes on my touch screen. Although I delete you out of my phone, I can never delete you out of my heart. I love you. Thank you for everything.

"But the reality, honestly, you were never good for me and I was never good for you... I just remember what we used to do." -Jill Scott


2 comments:

  1. you will regret it one day. you never want to get rid of someone who you have been through hell and back with. eventually whatever you are holding over his head will become irrelevant and you will want to have the friendship back.

    you should at least write the number somewhere so when that day comes you will have it

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Maybe I will regret it but for right now, at this very moment, I have to let him go. He's stunting my growth as a person. If ever he needs me he know how to get at me.

    ReplyDelete