Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fear Of Flying?

I think I'm relatively successful but I know that I'm scared. I'm not afraid to fall because that means at one point I was in rare air. In my mind if I did it once then I must be able to do it again. I am, however, scared of the pressure. When I am successful people always expect more when I have given my all. How do you tell someone that there is no more? How do you deal with their reaction to your revelation? Can you reach and fulfill their expectations or do you know your limit and move on?

I think that this is the battle that I fight within myself. I hate to disappoint others but I have to stay true to myself. In the end I have to deal with the consequences of my actions. I have to answer to myself. When everything is on the up and up I will share the credit with everyone in my life because they molded me. When shit turns sour I have take the blame because the final decision is up to me.

All of this to say: Whether I reach my destination or crash and burn, I can't be afraid to fly...

1 comment:

  1. this is absolutely true. most times people do the exact opposite of what you are describing here, they take all the success for themselves, but when something goes wrong they want to share the blame.

    trying the best is all anyone can ask of you and is all that you can ask of yourself.

    no on ever crashes and burns, they just hit some turbulence or have to set down to refuel

    ReplyDelete