Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chronos

"If given the time you can make money, if given the money you can't buy time..."
-NotForTheFaintOfHeart
People think I'm crazy when I go off when I feel my time is being wasted. I don't know how to put in to words the importance of time to me. The concept of time is the most unique concept ever. The only thing you can spend but can't buy, use but can't replace, you can't relive it, and you can only capture it but even the capsules are insufficient because once that exact moment is gone it's gone. When I waste time or do something I don't want to do I always think of what I would've or could've been doing and I get really angry.

On with the reason I'm posting this. The other day I was hanging out with a friend of mine. There is a strange tension between he and I that we both refuse to acknowledge. I don't know why but for now it's just apart of us that we deal with. Lately we had been arguing a lot and seeing as how we are each other's "open ear" so to speak I know that the fact that we weren't right had to be corrected. We decided ditch school and hit up gameworks in the LBC. Everything was cool until my phone rung. I think it is so rude to talk on the phone while you are spending time that you set aside for someone else. (Technology really is fucking with societies people skills and I refuse to be apart of that crowd. *note to self* Maybe I'll do a post analyzing how technology brings us closer yet separates us.) So I silenced my phone, put it on silent and told him to put it in his pocket because I left my purse in the car and my jeans were to tight for my phone. His phone was ringing off the hook and he took every oppurtunity to answer it. Inside I was burning but I just let him do him. The drop that cracked my patience cup was when he decided to stop the game I was whoopin his ass in to talk on the phone for a cool 10 minutes. At this point I reached in his pockets. He thought I was grabbing his swipe but I was just grabbing my keys and phone.

I got my items and led him to the parking lot. At this point he still hadn't hung up the phone which was cool cuz I was already pissed and at this point nothing he could do would save my mood. He knew I was pissed when I wouldn't say anything to him. When I am mad I get quiet so I don't say anything that would later require an apology. I don't apologize. I mean what I say and do and I will never apologize because I never regret it. That is for a different post tho. So I dropped him off at home. I had to hug him because I was mad but if I had not hugged him and that was the last time we saw each other I would be hurt. When he got in the house I checked my phone and was more than pissed. When I saw I had a missed phone call, voicemail, and text from a guy who I had pegged to end my current drought saying that he was trying to end the drought I could've rung the doorbell and slapped the color out of my friend. Not only did he disrespect my time, when I thought about how my time could've been spent and the orgasmic memories I would've made I became livid.

Moral of the post is to make sure you spend your time wisely because when it's gone it's gone. After talking it out with my friend he now understands why was so upset. He hit my pet peeve in the worse way. I'm sure he learned his lesson, and I surely have learned mine.

1 comment:

  1. the older i get the more i realize how special time is. sometimes i wish i would have came to this realization long ago....oh the things i would have done differently. oh well...all i can do now is use the time i have left wisely, and do the things i want to do.

    i do not believe other people can waste your time though, you can waste your own time on other people....on second thought it is kind of the same thing isnt it???

    ReplyDelete