Saturday, May 16, 2009

Something I'm Playing With

My mind has been all over the place lately. I have been going through a lot of changes at work, finals at school, personal losses and probably a lot more (but my subconcious mind is saving me from myself). The one constant is music. Certain songs remind me of certain things and put me in certain places. I should be doing something more productive but I've been wanting to put music on this blog for a while. I have so many songs that I love and that constantly play in my mind's Zune (yeah thats right, ZUNE fuck apple and everything they sale unless its a Granny Smith ;-P) So anywho I'm gonna add a playlist of 5 songs every week. It's hard deciding which songs should go on the list. I struggle and remake the list every hour for a long time before I actually post it. I could change it everyday but thats unrealistic because I don't even blog everyday, I visit everyday but sometimes I just can't get what I'm thinking out so I do other shit like stalk other people's blogs. Anyways the purpose of the post is to explain what your listening to and why I put it there. For future reference this will be called the Weekly 5 (until I come up with a better name).

Weekly 5
Teedra Moses - Blow Me Out
I will never get tired of this song! It's my ringtone and I can't even see myself changing it. The melodies, content, and memories connected with this song make it a keeper. I could keep this on every week, which isn't right but you can expect to hear it often so get to know and love it.
Chrisette Michele - Notebook
I just bought her CD and yeah I'm diggin it. This is one of my favorite track on the album. I can just listen to this song at night with the windows down. Yeah she's a little bit too grown to be lusting after a man and not speaking up but not every woman can be so bold. I guess everyone has that crush that only their notebook knows about.
Isley Brothers - Make Me Say It Again, Girl
Classic, Classic, Classic! Nevermind the fact that I wasn't even a twinkle in my dad's eye when this song came, I still groove to this. This song just makes you wanna two step. If I was of age during the time this song came out I would've been an original groupie waiting backstage for one of them brothers. None of them are my type so I would just pick one by instrument.
Amerie- Why Don't We Fall In Love
This song is one of those that just remind me of summer. When those horns come on in the beginning I just get a smile on face and nod my head. I love it so much I want to slap Amerie because it's so short! The content is cool to. Simply put the song makes me feel good. I need that right about now.
Keith Sweat ft. Athena Cage - Butterscotch
I love Athena Cage and don't like too many Keith Sweat songs that don't feature her and Kut Klose. Any song that says, "Your qualified, let's do what freaks do" is alright by me! This song just reminds of someone even though he turned me off before I could make this his soundtrack. Oh well though, the chase was fun before we got tired.
And there it is folks, this weeks 5. Enjoy, comment, and add to your collection!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for commenting my blog. I wish to return the love. ;)

    I really want to add music over at Nikeism -- it's kind of empty without music. But I'll probably find myself probing through everything just for everyone could like atleast one song on the playlist.

    I looove 'Why Don't We Fall in Love.' It also reminds me of the Summer time... very good because it's coming back. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. there was a time that i did not believe that music really could help people through tough times. i went through some stuff recently and i found myself listening to certain songs and thinking "damn it seems like he/she is talking to me" i guess you could say that these songs "helped" me through the tough times, which surprised the hell out of me.

    i have not heard any of these songs, but i will have to check them out more closely.

    BTW, was that a family guy reference when you were talking about that isley brothers song?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Malisima - My main problem is picking one song. So I picked 5 but I get so excited and want to change them. So I have playlist for weeks upon weeks ready! I want ppl to think of my blog when they hear songs.

    @Stew - I often talk to my dad about stuff that I like that was before my time and he says, "You weren't even in my nutsack when that was popular. I was watching Family Guy and that line was much more pleasing than my dad's while getting the same message out. LMAO.

    ReplyDelete