Friday, June 12, 2009

It's Been A While

I have so much I want to write about. At work I find myself putting my mind on autopilot so that I can philosophize on different things. I have some topics and what not but I'm going to wait until my mind is right to formally get them out. I've been dumb busy trying to find a way. I always think about my future and sometimes I'm so tired that I live nap to nap and just drag thru the day. While I've managed to have some really good times lately with more to come soon no matter how my plantation (read: work) tries to rob my joy. On another note I'm doing pretty damn good in my little summer class. I hate going but I feel like if I keep it up then I'm gonna have a good grade which I desperately need. I find it easier to ease back into blogging by posting a new playlist. The one I intended to post was just some good classic shit (read: shit from before I was born) but the mood I'm in AT THE VERY MOMENT is one of cockiness. I don't know why but at the moment I feel like I'm the shit. So with that said: here is the soundtrack of the hour.

Clipse ft. Skateboard P - I'm Good
This has me foaming at the mouth for their next CD and some good ass weather. I'm not use to what L.A is going thru right now. I'm used to the sunshine but right now it's all June Gloom. As soon as the weather permits I'm going to hit up my car wash. I'm finna put this on the Zune and turn this up full blast on repeat. I'm finna feel like the shit cuz a car wash is an event. I always dress real nice and do some maintenance shit like get my nails and hair done. To top off the ambiance of feeling myself I fill my tank up. If your like me you drive different when your shit is on full. This song just makes you feel good about your damnself, and when you carry yourself confidantly it shows in your aura.
Kanye West - Can't Tell Me Nothing*
I remember how nuts I went when I first heard this song. I didn't (and still don't) have my money right but you couldn't tell me a damn thing. I was planning on making moves that I knew my people wouldn't approve of but I felt it was some shit I had to do, win or lose. It feels like so many lines in this song speak to me. This is that song that reminds you that all you really need is self esteem. "This is my life homie, you decide yours". I'm diggin that to the fullest.
Jay-Z - U Don't Know*
This song is one for all the doubters. No I'm not a drug dealer but I definately have the mindset of a hussler. I can't see myself losing. This song is more of a metaphor for my life. Some of the topics Jay spits about I may never reach in my life. I may not know what it's like to sign multi - million dollar deals but I will be in a better position in 5 years then I am now and that's off sheer determination. I never sit still in content. While for the most part I live my life with a certain amount of angst, when I look back on my situations I always come out on top.
*Please excuse these whack ass drops. If I could get the songs off my computer the quality would be so much better but I only have what mixpod has. Also forgive me for only having 3 songs. This list was rushed but it reflects how I feel. A new list and more in depth post is coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment