Wednesday, June 17, 2009

About That.... Don't Hold Your Breath....

So in what has to be one of the most random moments in a pretty random week I was asked to apologize. Let me just give you a little info on myself. I am stubborn as all hell. I really think things thru before I act or speak. That's one of the reasons I get silent when I pissed to a certain extent, I don't want to apologize at all. If I accidently offend someone then I apologize with the quickness. I usually only do things that will make people happy so when the outcome is other then shits and giggles then it wasn't my intent and I need to apologize. Those apologies are rare. Now when I do or say something to prove a point and someone is rubbed the wrong way, oh the fuck well, you shouldn't have pushed me. You can be mad and never speak to me and I won't give two fucks, it's your decision. However, if you decide to be cool with me, please don't make the mistake of thinking your going to get an apology out of me. In my eyes if an apology isn't sincere it is an insult. When I say "I apologize" in essence I'm saying "if I could turn back the hands of time and relive the situation things would be different." I'm no Anita Baker so get the fuck out my face! I say what I mean and do what I feel is deserved.

So the other day I was asked for an apology. Honestly I didn't know what this was all about. I said somethings in a heated debate with someone I know. When I wouldn't apologize I was called an immature child that wasn't capable of participating in an argument. I don't remember much of what typed because my mind was on fire but I do remember saying something to the effect of "That's how I feel and if you think I feel bad for it get over yourself. You will suck a dick before I apologize." With that said I logged off aim. I logged back on today I was greeted to, "I guess I won't get an apology cuz I damn sure aint suckin no dick! LOL. We always disagree and now that I think of it you never apologize." I was like, "take it or leave it." We went on to have more debates which I love.

Some people (read: Grandma) thinks I need to mature and what not. Honestly I think I'm prolly gonna be like this til it's ashes to ashes dust to dust on that ass because this makes so much sense to me. I argue my point of view and nobody has ever made a point that even makes me question my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be like that. I used to be really stubborn and stick to my opinions. that was until i met people who were able to poke holes in my logic. once your logic is gone there is no way that you can continue to argue a point. if you still argue a point that is fundamentally flawed then there is no reason to debate with that person.

    all that to say that you more than likely grow out of that once you accept the fact that there is a possibility that some of your views can be fundamentally flawed and that you CAN have a WRONG opinion.

    not saying that you should change, because at the very heart of it all it does not really matter.

    ReplyDelete