Sunday, June 21, 2009

I Love My Daddy

So today is fathers day. I'm greatful to be able to partake in this little hallmark holiday and now that I have a job my Daddy takes advantage of it! It doesn't matter because he always gave me what I wanted (even tho I'm still waiting on my tint!) He hooked me up with a lot of material things but most of those get tossed aside. He constantly teaches me about life and that is what I will always value about that man. He is the only person who's opinion I value more than my own. This isn't to say I do what he says but I do take his opinion into consideration. They say children shouldn't be friends with their parents but I am my father. I'm literally a girl version of him right down to the way we think. Our relationship is one in a million. It isn't perfect but I wouldn't change shit about him, me, or my upbringing.

This isn't to say he is perfect. I don't put him on a pedestal at all. He has done many things that disappoint me and show me things in a man that I will not tolerate in my future husband, but he never sugarcoats shit. He is perfectly imperfect. I can tell him about himself and he does the same to me. Flaws and all he is my one and only father and I love him forever and ever. I wouldn't want any other father and that's real talk. The day he goes I will loose my fuckin mind. I know its a fact of life and I should be greatful that I got to have my 21 years with him but I still have too much to experience and I need him here. I love you LVM!

No comments:

Post a Comment