Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gender Is Becoming Extinct

Today I saw a young man of slight stature with a pressed bun in his head and a turquoise and pink shirt. I got lost in a thought. In my mind I asked, "Why do girls want to be men so bad?" I mean, sure I've wondered what it would be like to be a man for a day. I had my tomboy phase where I wanted to kick it with the boys and play basketball but I still did girly things. As I grew into a young woman kicking it with the fellas bit me hard. After we all hit puberty I grew found of their beauty and wanted to be more than friends but they all saw me as their lil sister or "the homie". I didn't start gettin action til I moved on from school, but that's not the topic of this damn post. Back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Anywho I must of blanked out because the dude was like, "Hey Ma." My whole mind was rocked. Here stood before me a boy. Who looked like a girl, that was trying to be a boy. In essence he looked like a stud. And he was tryna holla! At this point I wasn't sure of anything in this world. I don't know whether this dude is feminine, or if females are becoming too masculine. I snapped out of it to not be rude and say "Hi" even though I just wanted to walk away. He continued to talk to me eventually asking for my number. I took his instead, later deleting it after he walked away.

I say all of that to wonder aloud: Why aren't men manly anymore? Now that I think of it gender is becoming extinct. Men I encounter have a lot of feminine traits. I might attribute this to lack of male figures growing up. Women are becoming harder. I attribute this to being scorned or seeing their examples of they women they should become having to take on the male roles. I can go on about this forever. I think I will do separate posts for the soft male and the hard female.

No comments:

Post a Comment