Sunday, January 17, 2010

Does Premium Gas Work in a Bucket?

"When you get a Lexus it says in the manual to only put premium gas in it. You gonna keep that Lex running right and always put premium in it. Have you ever tried putting premium gas in a bucket?" I replied with, "Yeah, it goes crazy." He said, "Exactly." Right then I had an epiphany of sorts. We weren't talking about cars at all. We were talking about women. The metaphor was the shit and the more I thought about it the more I was feeling it.

This dude and I talk all the time at work. He's one of my favorite people to talk to even tho I haven't known him very long. I don't know why he's in my life but while he's here I'm going to learn, because that's what I do. When we first started working together I thought he was going to be some regular annoying nigga. Luckily I always observe and let people place themselves where they should be in my life before I confirm my first thoughts because he is one of the coolest dudes I've met in a while. But this isn't a post for all of that. I gotta get back to the business of this metaphor.

Basically he confirmed what everyone knows. As a woman a man will treat you however he has to for you to act right. We (women) can be ass backwards just like that bucket. You think by doing something nice (putting premium in your tank) that you would get the utmost appreciation from your lady. Instead realizing she has a good dude, she starts shitting on him (engine starts shaking and rattling). How many times have you been annoyed by a dude calling you everyday? He just wants to let you know you are important to him and you copping attitudes. That real woman (Lexus) expects to be treated a certain way. If you treat that woman right she will treat you a thousand times better. It isn't a coincidence that not everyone can afford a Lexus.

I'm going to take this a step futher by saying my era is settling for the buckets. Let me break it down. Dudes aren't willing to save up for the Lexus. They would rather buy a Monte Carlo, invest in some beat and rims. No matter how you dress that car up, its not gonna be that Lex. The rims will break your shit down. The beat will get you a few heads turned your way but as you age it will become an annoyance. You might have gotten that Monte Carlo easy but it will go just as fast. You need credit to get that Lexus off the lot. The Lexus will be a classic. A Lexus holds it's value. That's the difference between a woman and girl. A girl will break down. A woman will keep you.

The lesson learned, or should I say reaffirmed is: I'm doing the right thing. I consider myself to be a newer model Lexus. I'm gonna keep doing credit checks because not every dude can make the payment. I'm not accepting less than what I deserve because I will never give less. I'm chilling until I find someone worthy of all this Lex has to offer. Afterall I am fully loaded.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You have so much wisdom. I dig the way you think. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete