Saturday, August 1, 2009

Time Affects Decisions

So I was in my economics class, zoned out like always. For some reason "Simple Life" by No Doubt was in my mind. The beat would play and the words, "If we met tomorrow for the very first time" kept looping thru my mind. Sometimes a line from a song will just fuck me up and get my wheels turning. So this got me going thru random situations that occur in everyday life and how this question could help me come thru decisions about life.

"If we met tomorrow for the very first time..."
Would this matter to me? Sometimes it's not so cut a dry. I realized at this point how powerful time is. I know I think about time a lot because it's pretty damn amazing to me. Example, when it comes to relationships, say your partner has sex with someone else yesterday. Thats a big ass deal and grounds for termination. If he or she had sex with someone yesterday and met you tomorrow it wouldn't even matter. Time makes the question null in void.
In a different situtaion the question can help you see how trivial your actual anger really is. Example, I don't have one at the moment. It's one of things that made sense at the time but on paper I can't get it out. Urgh I hate when that happens. But I'm sure there is a situation where you can ask, "If I met you tomorrow for the very first time, would I even care about this?" And the answer would be, "no" and you can move on and keep kickin it.
Just food for thought I guess.
OFF TOPIC: why won't people leave me the fuck alone? That's why I need to move. I need to be left to my own damn devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment