Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Music Muse Moment

So it has been too long. I wish I could come back on a post but lately I haven't had much time for leisure thinking. It's a damn shame too. Maybe after I eat some pie and do (watch) my yoga on tv I will have time to do all that. My mind has recently been occupied and pretty soon I'm going to sort thru all these things. A quick update is I passed my first summer session class with a B-. Had I not failed that test I coulda did better but I got my 3 credits and I'm 3 credits closer to that bitch ass degree. I passed my first test on my current summer class. I got a C but hopefully with the curve it moves up. Anywho this post is to introduce my new playlist. I was going for a songs that I love that came out before I was born. Enjoy!

Marvin Gaye - I Want You
This a classic by Mr. Gaye and it is one of my favorites by him. It was actually written by Diana Ross' brother. I remember that from some documentry I watched a while back. Anywho when Marvin takes that first breath I just turn it up and nod my head. If any dude wants to get at me just pop this song on and lip sing it to me. If he really wants my heart he will put an extra performance on "Don't play with something, you should cherish for life..." And then we will get up and two step. Lmao. That would be funny as hell and a classic moment in my life. Prolly won't happen but I can dream, right?
Ohio Players - Sweet Sticky Thing
These dudes is smooth as hell. I'll be the first to say that if I was even 16 or 17 when they were pumpin out albums my life would be different. My future plans wouldn't include college or staying in my small town and working in an office. Nope, I would dream BIG. I would move to wherever the hell they were and follow them around until they told me that I could grace one of their album covers! That would be my claim to fame and I would be the shit even in my 80's. Young girls would be talking shit on they myspace and I would just shit on their whole lifestyle by saying, "You aint shit! I was on an OHIO PLAYERS album cover. I have been the black man's playboy for generations!" But those classic covers contained classic albums that contained classic songs like "Sweet Sticky Thing". I like this song the most because of the saxophone. I LOVE saxophones. If you hear this and don't move, check your pulse cuz your dead.
Chaka Khan - Sweet Thing
This womans voice was off the damn chain. She could barely open her mouth and let out a rich ass beautiful noise. Watchin her old youtube videos I deduct two things. 1) She was bad and her shape was one to envy. 2) The keyboardist in the group with the big fro and light eyes could've hit. (Yeah I sometimes pick out men from different eras that I would bone, o well!) I could say "I would love you anyways" and anyone with any sense will finish with "even if you can not stay" and we will continue to sing the whole damn song. Which reminds me of a Christmans Party I went to with my grandma. The lil band kept playing this song and the lady thought she was Chaka. I was like, "Grandma if they sing this song one more time I'm going to choke the shit out of this woman." They played it about 15 times while I went outside and looked for a rock to throw. Leave the classics to the legends.
Teena Marie - Oooh La La La
I love Lady T. Her voice is one of a kind! Thank God for Rick James because without him we wouldn't have the Teena Marie we have. I don't think anyone else would know what to do with her. ( I listen to these tracks as I write these little discriptions and right now I'm just grooving). One thing Teena can do like no other is hold that note and draw the fuck out of a song. Her playing with the saxophone kills me. I gotta hear it everytime the song comes on. I need her to do a little set in L.A soon so I could go. Might even light one up with Lady T.
Sade - No Ordinary Love
I'm not really sure if this song came out before her Love Deluxe album so I have to do my research real quick to see if this should be on my "Before I was born list". After research this song was on the Love Deluxe Album which debuted in 1992, which means I was 4 when this song came out but oh well. I love Sade and she will probably be on many list of mine whether she fits the theme or not because I think she is that great. All of her material is timeless to me. I have a greatest hits, but I need to get her whole catalogue. I probably wont ever see her because she keeps a low profile overseas but if I ever met her I would loose my fuckin mind. I'm not star struck. I met Kanye and didn't even spaze and I think he can do no wrong, but for Sade I would step out of my cool. This doesn't need my 2 cents. You just feel and enjoy the sensations when you listen to Ms. Adu.

No comments:

Post a Comment