Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Like and Love...

Can you have one without the other?
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. I just realized I have a lot of people in my life that I like and will never love. I have just as many that I love and may never like. Then I have few that I like and love equally. I guess I came to this realized this yesterday. Well I've known this for a while but yesterday cemented it. An old friend called and asked me a favor a couple days ago. Usually I would jump to help him but I didn't. The minute I told him I couldn't do it, I realized I don't really like him right now. The next day I hit him up to see if his friend was still pilfering mattresses so I could get a new one. He told me I could get that fresh king for 250 which had me dumb hyped. His next text message is how he chose to tell me his mother died. I have been through this and really there are no words to help someone in such a situation. I was doing some scavenger hunting for apartments but I put that on hold. One day I didn't like him enough to want to see him but the next day my love for him made me go to him just to see that he was ok. That's love.
Now I have love relationship for my sister but I can't say I like her. But this falls in the same category that I just described. I like people that I have met from everyday life. I can't say I will ever love them. To me such an emotion takes too much. At this very moment I'm so focused on getting to my goals that if I don't already love you then I prolly won't any time soon because I can't give the time that love deserves. I think everyone goes through this, some just are quicker than others to feel the like and love.
And then there is my inner circle. I love and like them 95% of the time. I may not like their ways or some of their decisions but I either grow to like it or get over it. My love is unflappable for them tho. The kind of shit that warms me and keeps me confident cuz I know no mistake is too great. They know ME. They may not know everything about what I do. No one will because I believe everybody needs a part of them that no one knows but they know all of me that I share. I need them. Scary but I wouldn't change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment