Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bout Time, Right?

So I should be doing an essay draft. I can't bring myself to do it because I hate the idea of some student that's paying the same cash as me to learn correcting my shit. I know it's just an assignment but I take their corrections personally even though I don't revise the paper. I just turn it in like it is. Anywho, I decided to procrastinate by updating the music on this blog. I was tired of hearing the same songs and I'm sure my few followers was too. By the way I love yall! I try to comment on your blogs. Comments get me geeked so I'm sure other bloggers feel the same. And on to the new music.


Jesse Boykins III - Sunstar
I absolutely adore this song and most of his music. I'm made that his CD is only availible in digital format but that's neither here nor there. The video for this song is set in South Beach and it's fitting because this song just makes me think of summer nights. One in particular. I went to a movie with a boy I was crushing this summer and this song came on. He was like, "I aint wit all this R&B but dis a smoov ass nigga." I can't help but do my lil groove when certain songs come on. I do it while driving and it gives off the impression that I'm nice on the dance floor (which is a total lie). The crush was like, "Look at her! We got a groover." I taught him my dance and now when I see him around he does it.
Teena Marie - Oooh La La La
I'm not sure but I think I've already put this song in a mix but I really do love it. It's another song that makes me do my groove. First off Lady T is a LEGEND in my mind. I swear I be thanking Rick James for having the vision to take on Teena Marie. I can't imagine her coming out with anyone else. They were music magic soul mates. They were made for each other. Anywho, she absolutely KILLS this song. During the breakdown she holds a note throughout her whole coversation. Who the hell does that? I timed it and she holds it for 15 seconds! Thats nuts. And then you add her convo with the sax and I will play this song everytime. I really don't have to say no more about it though. Yall know this shit is great and if you don't agree then click that red x in the corner.
Chrisette Michele - What You Do
Everyone can tell this song was written and produced by Neyo. Hate or love it that boy has a formula and he sticks to it. You can't deny his talent or her voice. I love Chrisette's distinctive voice. I feel like it's going to carry her for a lot of years. I don't know why but I constantly have deja vu of me and some man celebrating our 25th anniversary on a cruise and she is a part of the entertainment. I imagine her singing "Mr. Radio" and I'm there two stepping my heart out. (This is why I people think I have a problem. I always take things really far and off topic.) Back to topic, this song speaks the truth though. I'm a believer in actions speaking louder than words. People who know me no that this is true because I don't believe what people say, I'd rather you just come on thru with the action. I'm even really careful with my words and commitments because I know I change and so do other people. Ummm yeah tho, the song is sick though.
Teedra Moses - Take My Love Away
I stan for her. Point. Blank. Perieod. I've been on this song for some years now and lately I don't skip it when it comes on in the car. Her voice is so damn smooth and the piano is flowing on the track. The story is one that I think that every woman has or will be able to relate to. Sometimes relationships get in a rut and things become mundane. You seem to argue over the same thing and people promise change and break them and what was once love turns to resentment. She is talking about letting the relationship simmer down before all feelings fade. In some instances is better to have some than all or none. I dig that.
Jesse Boykins III - I Care 4 U
This year some neo soul artist released a tribute album to Aaliyah to remeber her. Everyone put their own spin on some of my favorites. Some I could vibe with, and some I wish went untouched. I Care 4 U is one of my favorite tracks. I love what he did with the track. I'm mad that I couldn't get the full version of the song but the snippet is a good representaton of the full song.

1 comment:

  1. FYI... you can get Jesse Boykins' physical CD if you go to his myspace page. :)

    Loving that Sunstar jam... thanks for putting it up. I have a new fav.

    ReplyDelete